About this Elevate Session
This session is perfect for:
- Employees at all levels of an organization
- Employees who lead teams made up of folks from different backgrounds
The audience will leave with:
- A robust knowledge and tools to implement inclusive practices in the workplace.
- Tactics to facilitate ongoing learning for participants in deepening their understanding of equity and inclusion.
- Understanding as to how to create space and opportunity for discussion and practice in fostering an inclusive environment.
- An increased commitment and accountability to actions designed to minimize microaggressions in the workplace.
Malcom takes teams through either a standard or more customized session that begins with setting the stage and affirming a level of psychological safety, helping participants understand what microaggressions are, and how to respond depending on whether they're responsible, the recipient, or a third party, concluding with a number of examples to test participants' knowledge, answer questions, and engage in a discussion about the nuances of how to identify these situations in action.