About this Elevate Program
This program is perfect for:
- Any employee who works in a function that's creating any sort of content for consumption (internal or external)
- Any employee interested in better understanding how to speak more inclusively with colleagues, customers, or other people from different backgrounds
The audience will leave with:
- The understanding that there are a few basic principles of how to be more thoughtful about making your language inclusive
- Language to call out situations (either as the recipients or as allies) where others are using exclusionary language in way that creates understanding
- A guide as to how to go through written materials--blog posts, press releases, partner emails, etc--with an eye towards inclusivity
- Tips on how to consult communities directly to understand their preferred language, especially as it evolves
A core component of any thoughtful plan around equity places a major point of emphasis around language. Malcom will draw on his extensive communications expertise, including his roles leading communications campaigns and writing for senior leaders at Google, Uber, and in the political sphere, to empower employees to effectively make their communications via all channels more inclusive of and thoughtful about a diversity of communities.
Live via Zoom
Live in Person
Running Time: 60 minutes
Listing created May 29, 2022
You must log in to send a new comment.